Ocean Stars

Ocean Stars

Thursday 24 October 2013


SRI LANKA HERE WE COME!!

Sameena: There is only a couple of weeks to go and I am full of excitement. I cannot wait to take on the challenges of Sri Lanka and meet all the children involved in the charity. After planning our activity with the team I am eager to get stuck straight into it. I only have one more job to do and I am training myself to deal with my fear of spiders. All I can say is that I am excited.

Jake: I am very excited to be going to SL. I am nervous about having my jabs. Also I am nervous about any encounters with spiders. I still believe the trip will be amazing.

Fiona: The trip is only a month away and I am feeling excited and a tiny bit anxious mainly about having my jabs. I really need to start organising what I take I know I will be rushing the night before. Sitting in this meeting right now hearing what time we need to meet I am so excited.

Imogen: Only 4 weeks!! I am looking forward to it. I can’t wait. Also seeing and teaching the children in Sri Lanka.

Laveen: I am looking forward to the trip very much. However now that it is approaching closer I am beginning to feel very anxious. These four weeks will pass by without us noticing and I hope that by then I will be thoroughly prepared to experience SL. I am looking forward to meeting the children and experiencing the culture of SL. I also want to learn some of the local language.

Ria: I am so excited and can’t believe the trip is so near. It seems so long ago that I was hiking for my fund raising. I know I am going to gain so much from this experience and it will be a trip I will never forget.

Lucy: I can’t believe that it’s only 4 weeks to go!! I want it to come so quickly but on the other hand, I don’t want the experience to end. I hope I will gain from this amazing experience I will never forget this wonderful trip. I CAN’T WAIT!! Yay!!

Maddy: I am very excited as it seems very close now. I am nervous to go to a different country but I think it will be a  wonderful experience ! Not long to go now!!

Peter: I am feeling excited because I will be embracing the SL religion and culture and way of life. I am feeling anxious about the lessons. I am also looking forward to eating the food. I will be getting away from Western Culture and games and TV. My mum and dad will be happy about that. I hope I will get a lot out of this trip.

Jack: I am feeling anxious because I don’t like curry which happens to be the food of SL!! But I am excited about the new experiences the trip will bring. It will be interesting to see the differences in the life styles between the UK and SL. I have never been on plane journey this long!!

James: Right now I am excited but nervous about the trip. I don’t really know what to take other than t-shirts and shorts. We have started to plan our lessons.

Niamh: Only 4 weeks to go to SL!! I am very excited and looking forward to going.
 










 

 

 

 

1 comment:

  1. Wow- you all look very professional in your Ocean Stars T shirts. Hope you are all having a great time! Look forward to hearing your news.

    ReplyDelete