Ocean Stars

Ocean Stars

Tuesday 29 October 2013

Interview with Mr Taylor

What did you do today at the school?

I oversaw the Calthorpe students do their athletics rotation exercise mixed with lots of ‘fun and games’ in preparation for the inter school athletics extravaganza which is taking place on Thursday. We finished off with a big cricket match involving staff and students from Calthorpe and P.I assumed the role of umpire.

Was it how you expected?

Pretty much actually, but in a nice way. I was expecting positivity. I got positivity and I like think I left some positivity. There clearly are fininacial difficulties at this school but they seem to cope and manage to cater for their students.

Give me a difference between this school and Calthorpe:

Just 1? The size 200 to 1200 and age range, between 5 and 15. It’s impossible to plan lessons for all these ages. It requires a lot of flexibility.

Were there any funny moments?

Let’s see…The random turning up of students out of the blue ranging from 5 to 25 at the same time. They wanted to join the ‘festival of sport’ going on outside. My umpiring was also quite funny.

What are you going to differently tomorrow, if anything?

Maybe introduce a few more ball games for the older generation but continue with the athletics with the younger ones. 

No comments:

Post a Comment